Thursday 23 May 2013

absconding


"March 4 1826 (rain,clear from noon)
 
Zentaro of Sakuramachi team.
He was absconding last night from the village with his wife and children.
There was a notification like that from officials of his village.
I ordered the search of them immediately."
 
"March 9 1826 
 
I went to looked for them.
But I was not able to know their whereabouts at all.
After all I came back today.
Two regulators also came back today."
 
"March 25 1826 (clear)
 
Seiuemon was absconding from the village last night.  
I ordered a search immediately.
Heiji of Nanushi apprentice of Higashinuma village.
There was a notification like that from him."
 
"March 30 1826 (clear)

We found Seiuemon and his family.
There was a notification like that from Heiji.
Then I was call Seiuemon to my office.
I can not be allowed your absconding.
I order curfew to you in your village.
I told him so." 


・・・・・・・・・
 
 
The following is letter not diary.
And this is 1842.
Therefore the situation of reform is quite different.

December 20, 1842
Letter of ”Kurihara Chojiro””Murata Yoheiji” to subordinates of Kinjiro.

"Yakichi and Fujizo of Yokota village.
They were absconding night of the 17th with their family.
We looked for them.
But we do not know their whereabouts still.

We have a prediction of their destination.
But that is the territory of the other lord.
Therefore I think difficult problem occurs.

Report was delayed until now because we wanted to report after found them.
But we were not  able to found them eventually.

Their families who had left at home
We questioned them.
But we were not able to know the details.

If we examine closely,this become a major incident.
But we do not know their whereabouts.
Unavoidably we ordered the monitoring of their home.

We entrust this letter to Shigezo of Yokota village.
Please listen details confidentially from him."

 
・・・・・・・・・ 
 
 
December 26, 1842
Letter of Kinjiro to Kurihara Chojiro and Murata Yoheiji.

"Absconding of Yakichi and Fujizo with leaving a wife and children.
I was very surprised.

Two people made ​​very effort in agriculture for 15 years.
As result,they became a rich farmers of Yokota village.
  
This matter will stop at my place.
Do not speak to Utsu family this problem still.
Please find them immediately.

Why they were absconding?

The land condition is better than here.
If there is such land for them,I want forwarded their wife and children to them.
 
If there is a problem to the relationship in the village,I want to make an effort to improve as soon as possible.
And their agriculture will continue.
I want them it.

However,actual cause.
Maybe it is their debt.

Life of the villagers had become a luxury naturally by the improvement in the situation of the village.
They would no longer able to repay the debt.
 
But there is a method of low-interest (or no-interest) loan for them.
I want to recall clandestinely them.
 
Pay back the debt of them.
And their agriculture will continue.
I want them it.
 
Please look for them until after New Year.
If they can not be found still,I report to the Utsu family.
 
And I want to inherit it to the person who can be trusted." 

No comments:

Post a Comment