Saturday 17 August 2013

memory

Ainu had their own lives,their own culture and their own language at around the current Hokkaido.
But the latter half of the 19th century,they were incorporated into the modern state suddenly as a national.
From that time,assimilation policy seems to had been done coercively. 

As their lifestyle,their culture is going to disappear.


・・・・・・・・・ 


There is a memory.
 
1868, the modern state is established in Japan.
Around 40 years have passed from it,a man was born in Ishikari of Hokkaido.
It's my grandfather.
 
He was a child of Settler.
 
"When I was child,my house was poor. 
Everyone was poor.
 
I was sickly.
But those around whose helped me always.
Everyone lived with cooperation. 
 
Ainu people came to my home well.
And they were drank with my parent.
 
Everyone was a good friend."
 
Yes,this is memory of my grandfather that became my memory.
 

・・・・・・・・・

 
This assimilation policy.
I began to read the dictionary about it now.
It was something very harsh for Ainu people.
It's not in doubt.
 
However,at the same time.
Scene of this drinking bout comes to my mind.
(Of course, it's scene of my imagination.)

 
・・・・・・・・・


Although it is not possible to talk at the same level of course.

Many provinces in Japan had its own culture and various dialects until recently.
And of course it still exists.
 
But establishment of modern unified nation by the Meiji Restoration.
Development of the mass media after the Second World War.
Establishment of standard language etc. 

”Standardize.”
Currently,its provinces characteristic has been dilute gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment