Sunday 21 July 2013

please give my love

"Total desired amount of Vassals.
I do not know it.
There is a limit to the funds of course.

But I want to borrow 500 ryō somehow.
I ask you to negotiation with the person in charge of the clan"

Hattori asked so to Kinjiro in a letter.
And as a postscript.

"Role of messenger of you. (I do not know this role.)
I was glad you finished it served safely.

Please give my love to my wife and my children."

I think there was a trust relationship at Kinjiro and Hattori.

 
・・・・・・・・・


Hattori was staying in the Edo city at that time because Tadazane was councilor.
(Sources of funding might be "salary" as councilor of him.)

Kinjiro wrote a reply immediately.

"1000 ryō from farmers.
1000 ryō from merchant and samurai. 
Government of the clan will procured an additional 2000 ryō probably.
So I think it does not need to worry."

Well,if this procurement was the money paid to the government.

Government of the clan did collect money at their convenience.
In the my sense,this is somehow cruel treatment against  people under the Odawara clan dominion. 
 
But era was feudal era.
Apparently there were implications of tax to the money paid to the government.
(Against merchants and Kulak in particular.)
 
"The people under the Odawara clan dominion lend money to the lord." 
However,thinking of Kinjiro might have been like this.
This may be like buying government bonds.
 
"To proffered the money from farmers by ask the local magistrate."
However,representation of text is this.
 
"Collect the money thinly widely from all people under the Odawara clan dominion."
It may be extraordinary tax after all.
 
 
・・・・・・・・・ 
 
 
When the government fell into financial difficulties,they ordered the provision of funds to large merchants.
Incidentally this technique seems to had done well by the ruling class.
 
50 years later,when the new government was established.
They also ordered the provision of funds to the merchants of Osaka.
 
But it seems that did not go well too much.
Because they had not been trusted yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment